Search this blog
Google+Follow Tim Burrows on
Social Media for Police, Law Enforcement, Government
Husband to the best wife forever and father of the best three children in the world and best selling author of the 1st & only book made specifically for police and law enforcement on the use of Twitter.
I am a police officer who has a passion for community safety, crime prevention and a deep love of all things social media. I have been using social media for the past five years in my role with the police and have turned use that into a desire and passion for helping other law enforcement, police and government agencies realize the true value and benefit in the social media space.
I have lectured for safety organizations, conferences and symposiums on the use of social media, why it should be used and it why your community needs to hear your voice in the space. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Presentions have included: The International Association of Chiefs of Police; Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police; Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police, British Columbia Association of Chiefs of Police; ILAG; Social Media Mix 2012, FBINAA; numerous organizations, conferences, boards and associations. I am available for all levels of consultancy and advice for your project.
Policy, strategy, funtionality, risk management, training and support. That's what I offer, that's what I deliver in an ethical, postive, realistic and informed manner. That's your benefit.
- @jaybaer @annhandley Would love your thoughts on this relating to the NYPD story. I'd appreciate your views. walkingthesocialmediabeat.com/2014/04/23/did…...and while walking the social media beat... 18 minutes ago
- RT @BayouMergerson: #Socialmedia isn't going anywhere & is a powerful tool. Agency leaders & personnel should educate themselves & engage i…...and while walking the social media beat... 21 minutes ago
- RT @scenedocinc: A little gem of a read for all fraud investigators!! ~ ow.ly/w6MKI @ReganFCU #police #LE #LESM #makememobile...and while walking the social media beat... 21 minutes ago
- RT @TPSFernandes: Follow @DPSU_TPS 's newest member @TorontoPolice #CrimePrevention Coordinator Sgt. Donovan Locke @LockeCop http://t.co/bR…...and while walking the social media beat... 21 minutes ago
- Officers from around TX come to SA for school safety training - goo.gl/alerts/hFg3 #police #lesm Online safety starts in schools...and while walking the social media beat... 30 minutes ago
Daily Archives: November 11, 2011
Like the classic Kenny Rodgers song said, “You have to know when to hold ‘em. Know when to fold ‘em. Know when to walk away and know when to run.” I have always looked at the use of social media … Continue reading →