Search this blog
Google+Follow Tim Burrows on
Social Media for Police, Law Enforcement, Government
Husband to the best wife forever and father of the best three children in the world and best selling author of the 1st & only book made specifically for police and law enforcement on the use of Twitter.
I am a police officer who has a passion for community safety, crime prevention and a deep love of all things social media. I have been using social media for the past five years in my role with the police and have turned use that into a desire and passion for helping other law enforcement, police and government agencies realize the true value and benefit in the social media space.
I have lectured for safety organizations, conferences and symposiums on the use of social media, why it should be used and it why your community needs to hear your voice in the space. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Presentions have included: The International Association of Chiefs of Police; Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police; Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police, British Columbia Association of Chiefs of Police; ILAG; Social Media Mix 2012, FBINAA; numerous organizations, conferences, boards and associations. I am available for all levels of consultancy and advice for your project.
Policy, strategy, funtionality, risk management, training and support. That's what I offer, that's what I deliver in an ethical, postive, realistic and informed manner. That's your benefit.
- RT @TheIACP: New on The Social Media Beat: How the Glendale Police Department is using Instagram. bit.ly/1bSbxJM #LESM...and while walking the social media beat... 1 hour ago
- YES #RIP9824 RT @nro14div: Tom, your 'best man speech' was beautiful. John would have been proud, you honoured him well my friend....and while walking the social media beat... 1 hour ago
- RT @VancouverPD: Police Dog Shack & #VPD officer are recovering from injuries after an arrest last night bit.ly/1br2AkF http://t.co…...and while walking the social media beat... 1 hour ago
- RT @HRPSMiltHH: We don't acknowledge our public works employees enough, many thanks to them all. Roads in town #Milton #HHills good, rural …...and while walking the social media beat... 2 hours ago
- RT @RyanCP23: Our final goodbyes to our fallen brother PC John Zivcic #RIP9824 http://t.co/QllMXx6LOT...and while walking the social media beat... 4 hours ago
Daily Archives: February 2, 2012
No matter who I’m writing for I usually have a topic in mind, write the article or post and then determine the title. Not this post…the title came first and that is actually going to present a problem. Ethics. Where … Continue reading →