Search this blog
Google+Follow Tim Burrows on
Social Media for Police, Law Enforcement, Government
Husband to the best wife forever and father of the best three children in the world and best selling author of the 1st & only book made specifically for police and law enforcement on the use of Twitter.
I am a police officer who has a passion for community safety, crime prevention and a deep love of all things social media. I have been using social media for the past five years in my role with the police and have turned use that into a desire and passion for helping other law enforcement, police and government agencies realize the true value and benefit in the social media space.
I have lectured for safety organizations, conferences and symposiums on the use of social media, why it should be used and it why your community needs to hear your voice in the space. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Presentions have included: The International Association of Chiefs of Police; Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police; Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police, British Columbia Association of Chiefs of Police; ILAG; Social Media Mix 2012, FBINAA; numerous organizations, conferences, boards and associations. I am available for all levels of consultancy and advice for your project.
Policy, strategy, funtionality, risk management, training and support. That's what I offer, that's what I deliver in an ethical, postive, realistic and informed manner. That's your benefit.
- @YYZemily No. Not even close. Tech is still way ahead, but police are gaining ground in understanding....and while walking the social media beat... 1 hour ago
- Take caution using social media - goo.gl/alerts/eucX #police #lesm #safety...and while walking the social media beat... 1 hour ago
- Iowa offers social media course for emergency preparedness and response workers - goo.gl/alerts/PdOz #lesm #smem...and while walking the social media beat... 1 hour ago
- Can You Really Be Arrested For A Parody Twitter Account? - goo.gl/alerts/oCbP #police #lesm #1A Often will depend on what is said....and while walking the social media beat... 1 hour ago
- @KatieSimpson24 Congratulations Katie. You've worked hard and deserve it. Way to go. @CTVNationalNews @CP24...and while walking the social media beat... 2 hours ago
Daily Archives: February 10, 2012
I’ve been told that I’m a pretty sarcastic person. In fact, I will readily admit that those who have said it are right on, I am. (I have a couple of shirts that even warn people I’m sarcastic and my … Continue reading →